References in periodicals archive ?
After Wilde's trials, Carpenter and Ellis promoted a sturdy, vigorous, and affable homoeroticism, which they calculatedly distanced from the aesthetic effeteness that Wilde had made so socially suspect.
This session will examine the causes of organizational inefficiency and identifies proven approaches that can be taken to align organizational resources for current operational effeteness and future strategic success.
73) If we imagine, however, that the behavior and appetites of the devotees of the indoor Caroline playhouses were merely refined to the point of effeteness, we will be swallowing their paratextual propaganda and ignoring some rather significant facts.
Even as it gives liberals the heebie-jeebies, such barroom braggadocio is catnip to the right, which sees it as an antidote to the weaseling effeteness of the Democratic elite.
Kenneth Paul Tan has pointed out that NS is not merely about the defense of the nation, but is "the antidote to the effeteness and complacency that are commonly thought to accompany affluence, better education, and modern lifestyles" (K.
It is worth mentioning that the scenarios which are used in this work are mainly chosen to demonstrate the effeteness of the proposed technique.
Here Fronto could easily have expatiated on the odious comparison between African hardiness and Roman effeteness that underlies Sallust's approach to historiography, but there is no hint of such.
Recall that Fanon's criticism of a black bourgeoisie was more about its effeteness, pettiness and senility than about its being bourgeois per se.
s guidance--knowing that the answers are already "out there"--lead to an effeteness and lethargy of R&D and scientific inquiry?
As Hallett points out, these are some of the "first portraits of modern bourgeois man," "embodying these supposedly English virtues of sobriety, energy, directness and sincerity"--as opposed to the effeteness of fancy foreign fops--an interpretation with which Hogarth would no doubt agree, except for the word "supposedly.
An air of effeteness still clung to homosexuality; the manly rough-and-tumble of sports was something we were assumed and expected not to pursue (though the sweaty players themselves were another matter
Encyclopedia browser ?
- effective thermal resistance
- effective thrust
- effective time
- effective transformation group
- effective true airspeed
- effective value
- effective wind
- effectively computable function
- effectively grounded
- effectiveness level
- effector organ
- effector system
- Effector systems
- Effel, Jean
- Effelsberg Telescope
- Effendi Kapiev
- Effendi Mansurovich Kapiev
- Efferent Nerve Fiber
- efficiency apartment
- efficiency expert
- efficiency of catch
- Efficiency Ratio
- efficient estimator
- Effigy Mounds National Monument
- Effingham County
- effluent stream
- effluent weir
- efflux pump
- Effort Adjustment Factor
- effort rating
- effort-controlled cycle
Full browser ?
- effervescent sodium phosphate
- Effet Collatéral des Regroupements des Laboratoires
- Effets des Proliférations Végétales
- Effexor XR
- Effexor XR
- Efficacité Biologique Relative
- Efficacité Énergétique
- Efficacité Fiabilité Proximité
- Efficacité Globale des Équipements
- Efficacité Indépendance Laïcité
- Efficacy of Nitric Oxide in Stroke
- Efficacy Working Party