elastic(redirected from elasticised)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
Related to elasticised: elasticize
1. (of a body or material) capable of returning to its original shape after compression, expansion, stretching, or other deformation
2. (of gases) capable of expanding spontaneously
3. Physics (of collisions) involving no overall change in translational kinetic energy
4. made of elastic
5. tape, cord, or fabric containing interwoven strands of flexible rubber or similar substance allowing it to stretch and return to its original shape
6. Chiefly US and Canadian something made of elastic, such as a rubber band or a garter
Capable of sustaining deformation without permanent loss of size or shape.
Descriptive of a material having the property of elasticity.