References in periodicals archive ?
Industrial aspects of entomophagy are expounded upon in chapter eight of the book.
Dinesh, "Entomophagy and coprophagy in undifferentiated schizophrenia," Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, vol.
Entomophagy is focused on edible insects and their nutritional benefits.
Fresco also connects entomophagy to our past, with humans who readily consumed insects, and to awareness and acceptance of other cultures and their traditions.
* Research the risk of potential zoonosis, pathogens, toxins and heavy metals (through the use of bio-waste streams) from entomophagy.
Entomophagy, or the eating of insects, is sometimes a reaction to famine or scarcity of staple foods, but most insects are eaten as part of the daily, or sometimes seasonal, diet.
While Eric worked away in the kitchen, I asked him if he ever saw entomophagy - a fancy word for eating insects - catching on in restaurants like his own.
Martinez favors gradualism over shock value in her efforts to introduce people to the virtues of entomophagy, or insect eating.
A month ago I read an article in the New Yorker about entomophagy, which, as everyone knows, is how to eat insects.
The UK Food Standards Agency has also been ordered to investigate and potentially look at ways to make entomophagy - the eating of insects, more popular.
And, bug eating advocates like David George Gordon, the author of The Eat-a-Bug Cookbook, tout the environmental benefits of entomophagy, since raising insects for food has less of an environmental impact than raising livestock.
The thought of snacking on insects might make you squirm, but roughly 80 percent of the world's population practices entomophagy, or the eating of insects.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Entire Algebraic Function
- Entire Function
- entire ring
- entire series
- entire surd
- entity relationship model
- entity type
- entity-relationship diagram
- entity-relationship model
- Entner-Doudoroff pathway
- Entomological Society, All-Union
- entomophilic fungi
- Entomoses of Animals
- Entosomatic Organ
- entrail pahoehoe
- entrained air
- entrained fluid
- entrance angle
- entrance cable
- entrance cap
- entrance hall
- entrance lock
Full browser ?
- Entomology and Nematology
- Entomology and Nematology Student Organization
- Entomology and Plant Pathology Division
- Entomology Graduate Student Organization
- Entomology, Fisheries and Wildlife
- Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Weed Science
- Entomopathogenic nematode
- entomophilic fungi
- Entomophthora coronata
- entomophthoramycosis basidiobolae
- entomophthoramycosis conidiobolae