entry(redirected from entries)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
Related to entries: Adjusting entries
a. a person, horse, car, etc., entering a competition or contest; competitor
b. (as modifier): an entry fee
2. the competitors entering a contest considered collectively
3. the people admitted at one time to a school, college, or course of study, etc., considered collectively; intake
4. Theatre the action of an actor in going on stage or his manner of doing this
5. Criminal law the act of unlawfully going onto the premises of another with the intention of committing a crime
6. Property law the act of going upon another person's land with the intention of asserting the right to possession
7. any point in a piece of music, esp a fugue, at which a performer commences or resumes playing or singing
8. Cards a card that enables one to transfer the lead from one's own hand to that of one's partner or to the dummy hand
Input data fed during the execution of a program by means of a terminal.
An entrance, small hall, or vestibule inside an exterior door.