Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to entry: Entry Level Jobs
a. a person, horse, car, etc., entering a competition or contest; competitor
b. (as modifier): an entry fee
2. the competitors entering a contest considered collectively
3. the people admitted at one time to a school, college, or course of study, etc., considered collectively; intake
4. Theatre the action of an actor in going on stage or his manner of doing this
5. Criminal law the act of unlawfully going onto the premises of another with the intention of committing a crime
6. Property law the act of going upon another person's land with the intention of asserting the right to possession
7. any point in a piece of music, esp a fugue, at which a performer commences or resumes playing or singing
8. Cards a card that enables one to transfer the lead from one's own hand to that of one's partner or to the dummy hand
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Input data fed during the execution of a program by means of a terminal.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
An entrance, small hall, or vestibule inside an exterior door.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
entryThe input of an item or set of items at a terminal. See data entry.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.