equinoctial(redirected from equinoctial line)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. relating to or occurring at either or both equinoxes
2. (of a plant) having flowers that open and close at specific regular times
3. Astronomy of or relating to the celestial equator
4. a storm or gale at or near an equinox
5. another name for celestial equator
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
An Illustrated Dictionary of Aviation Copyright © 2005 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved