expansion joint filler

joint filler

1. Any putty-like material used to fill joints, as in plasterboard construction.
2. A strip of extruded resilient material used for filling a joint.
References in periodicals archive ?
ASTM D8139 requires more stringent tests than existing standards for joint fillers such as D1751 Standard Specification for Preformed Expansion Joint Filler for Concrete Paving and Structural Construction (Nonextruding and Resilient Bituminous Types), he adds.