Mentioned in ?
- 2.5/5G Ethernet
- abstracted empiricism
- Acceptance Sampling
- Accounting of Finished Goods
- Agrarian Crises
- Bay Psalm Book
- Benefit Performance
- Best Fit
- Blackmur, Richard Palmer
- Budget Reserves
- Budget, State
- Bulgarian-German Treaty of 1915, on Friendship and Alliance
References in classic literature ?
Perhaps for a day or two before, but at any rate on "veast day" and the day after, in our village, you might see strapping, healthy young men and women from all parts of the country going round from house to house in their best clothes, and finishing up with a call on Madam Brown, whom they would consult as to putting out their earnings to the best advantage, or how best to expend the same for the benefit of the old folk.
Tom had two abettors, in the shape of a couple of old boys, Noah and Benjamin by name, who defended him from Charity, and expended much time upon his education.
Her breath was, however, expended in vain; for, although distinguished in her nation as a proficient in the art of abuse, she was permitted to work herself into such a fury as actually to foam at the mouth, without causing a muscle to vibrate in the motionless figure of the stranger.
The sun poured down its burning rays upon the heathen deities of marble and bronze: it raised the temperature of the water in the conch shells, and ripened, on the walls, those magnificent peaches, of which the king, fifty years later, spoke so regretfully, when, at Marly, on an occasion of a scarcity of the finer sorts of peaches being complained of, in the beautiful gardens there - gardens which had cost France double the amount that had been expended on Vaux - the great king observed to some one: "You are far too young to have eaten any of M.
"Thus will the surplus be constantly expended while labor does the work.
These great works will be the form their expenditure of the surplus will take, and in the same way that the ruling classes of Egypt of long ago expended the surplus they robbed from the people by the building of temples and pyramids.
Their whole time is expended and their ingenuity tasked by endeavors to eclipse each other in dress and decoration.
But Napoleon with his long experience of war well knew the meaning of a battle not gained by the attacking side in eight hours, after all efforts had been expended. He knew that it was a lost battle and that the least accident might now- with the fight balanced on such a strained center- destroy him and his army.
His mighty strokes bade fair to close up the distance between us in short order, for at best I could make but slow progress with my unfamiliar craft, which nosed stubbornly in every direction but that which I desired to follow, so that fully half my energy was expended in turning its blunt prow back into the course.
Nevertheless, these valiant artillerists took no particular account of these little facts, and felt justly proud when the despatches of a battle returned the number of victims at ten-fold the quantity of projectiles expended.
ISLAMABAD, March 10, 2011 (Frontier Star): CDA has decided to expend Rs 500 million on development work in five sectors of federal capital.
Moreover, a commercial facility when renovating a primary function area, need only expend up to 20 percent of the overall cost of the alteration, in providing a path of access to the altered area.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- expect approach clearance at
- expect at or
- expect departure clearance
- expect further clearance
- expect further clearance via
- Expectant Treatment
- expectation value
- Expectation, Mathematical
- expected approach clearance
- expected approach clearance time
- expected approach time
- expected departure clearance time
- expected utility
- expected value
- Expedition of Humphrey Clinker, The
- Expedition of the Russian Navy to America in 1863–64
- Expedition of the Russian Navy to the Bosporus in 1833
- Expedition, Scientific
- Expeditionary Forces
- expendable lubrication system
- expendable pattern
- expendable rocket
- expendable vehicle
- Expenditures, Deferred
- Experiential Astrology
- experiential-existential group therapy
- Experiment Description Language
- Experimental architecture
- experimental breeder reactor
- experimental design
- experimental ecology
- Experimental Embryology
- Experimental Endocrinology and Hormone Chemistry, Institute of
- Experimental Field
- experimental group
- experimental hypothesis
- eXperimental LISP
- experimental mean pitch
Full browser ?
- Expeller pressing
- expelling from
- Expelling Pathogens Regardless of Hard Stool
- expels from
- expend (something) for (something)
- expend (something) in (something)
- expend (something) on (someone or something)
- expend for
- expend gradually
- expend in
- expend on
- expend on her
- expend on him
- expend on it
- expend on me
- expend on one
- expend on them
- expend on us
- expend on you
- expend slowly
- Expendability, Recoverability, Reparability Code
- Expendability/Recoverability/Reparability/Cost Designator
- Expendable Acoustic Remote Sensor
- Expendable Bathy-Photometer
- Expendable bathythermograph
- Expendable Booster
- Expendable Communication Buoy
- Expendable Conductivity/Temperature and Depth
- Expendable Countermeasures