Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
"I don't speak of your warlike exploits, monsieur," said Mazarin; "although they gained you much reputation, they were surpassed by others."
"I am waiting, my lord, till you tell me of what exploits you speak."
No wonder that the ginger-headed man with the silky voice and the free and easy manners was now looked upon with deep interest upon the banks of the great South American river, though the feelings he inspired were naturally mixed, since the gratitude of the natives was equaled by the resentment of those who desired to exploit them.
Perhaps a minstrel finds a number of ballads which deal with the exploits of a single hero or with a single event.
Perhaps he was the old Germanic god Beowa, and his exploits originally allegories, like some of those in the Greek mythology, of his services to man; he may, for instance, first have been the sun, driving away the mists and cold of winter and of the swamps, hostile forces personified in Grendel and his mother.
Most of the entries in the 'Chronicle' are bare and brief, but sometimes, especially in the accounts of Alfred's own splendid exploits, a writer is roused to spirited narrative, occasionally in verse; and in the tenth century two great battles against invading Northmen, at Brunanburh and Maldon, produced the only important extant pieces of Anglo-Saxon poetry which certainly belong to the West Saxon period.
To waylay and harass a band of trappers with their pack-horses, when embarrassed in the rugged defiles of the mountains, has become as favorite an exploit with these Indians as the plunder of a caravan to the Arab of the desert.
if he had two, says he, it seems likely that the man who killed him cut off one and keeps it as a proof of his exploit. The Abyssin stood confused, and the Portuguese produced the ear out of his pocket.
Are you going to send any of our comrades to exploit the Trojans?
Ulysses was glad when he heard it and prayed to Minerva: "Hear me," he cried, "daughter of aegis-bearing Jove, you who spy out all my ways and who are with me in all my hardships; befriend me in this mine hour, and grant that we may return to the ships covered with glory after having achieved some mighty exploit that shall bring sorrow to the Trojans."
"I, Hector," said he, "Will to the ships and will exploit them.
Google's security research initiative Project Zero posted a 'very deep dive' detailing the exploits, which their Threat Analysis Group discovered and disclosed to Apple in February 2019.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- expiratory reserve volume
- expiratory standstill
- Explanations of Vampirism
- explanatory mechanism
- explanatory theory
- explementary angles
- explicit link
- explicit memory
- explicit parallelism
- explicit programming
- explicit symmetry breaking
- explicit type conversion
- exploded file
- exploded view
- exploding bridge wire
- Exploration of Mineral Deposits
- exploratory data analysis
- Exploratory demolition
- Exploratory Drilling
- Exploratory Mining Excavations
- Exploratory Survey
- exploratory well
- exploring coil
- explosion breccia
- explosion crater
- explosion door
- explosion method
- explosion rupture disk device
- explosion tuff
- explosion welding
- explosive actuated gun
Full browser ?
- Exploited and Missing Child Unit
- Exploiting the Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Exploiting Windows Device Drivers
- Exploits of an Amateur Dog Trainer
- Exploits Valley Economic Development Corporation
- Exploits Valley Intermediate
- Exploits Valley Tourism Association
- Exploraciones Mineras de Guatemala
- Exploration & Production Sharing Agreement
- Exploration and Appraisal
- Exploration and Development
- Exploration and Discovery
- Exploration and Flight Projects Directorate
- Exploration and Mining Geology
- eXploration and Mining Markup Language
- Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center
- Exploration and Production
- Exploration and Production Technology
- Exploration and Production Technology Company
- Exploration Asset
- Exploration Communication & Navigation Systems
- Exploration Consulting Associates, Ltd
- exploration cost
- Exploration Costs
- Exploration des Champs et des Réseaux Territoriaux
- Exploration Development and Production Sharing Agreement
- Exploration Drilling Corporation