1. Mountaineering a steep side of a mountain, bounded by ridges
2. Nautical aeronautics the aft or near side of a propeller blade
The front facade of a building or the finished surface of an exposed member.
Face (religion, spiritualism, and occult)
Face is a term that refers to the division of the zodiac into 72 equal arcs of 5° each. Some astrologers have used the appellation interchangeably with decan, which divides the zodiac into 36 equal arcs of 10° each. Contemporary astrologers rarely employ the term.
(1) The working area during the mining of minerals: in mine shafts and pits, the surface that limits the mining area and shifts as the mining progresses; in quarries, the immediate area being worked by the excavator. Lateral (end) and frontal faces are distinguished in opencut mining.
(2) During the drilling of a hole or well, the face is the bottom of a hole, the surface of which is pulverized by the drilling tool during the sinking process.
in printing, the top of the raised portion of either a piece of type or of the printing elements of a type plate. It is a mirror image of a letter or symbol; in a general sense, it is the image of any character of a form of type on paper.
What does it mean when you dream about a face?
If we see our own face in a dream, it can represent concerns about our self-image and how others see us. The dream also could be drawing on associations with common idioms, such as “to lose face,” “face the facts,” “face the music,” “poker face,” and “face value.”
The anterior portion of the head, including the forehead and jaws.
The surface of the area that has been excavated in constructing a tunnel.
In building construction, the exposed surface of a wall, masonry unit, or sheet of material.
To install a surface layer of one material over another, such as laying brick on a wall built of concrete blocks.
The surface of a flange on a pipe that is fitted against another flange.
The main surface of a landform.
The original surface of a layer of rock.
A particular style or size of letter as distinguished from another style or size. Also known as typeface.
The printing surface of a printing plate or the front surface of a piece of paper.
The veneer on the exposed surface of a sheet of plywood.
One of the plane polygons bounding a polyhedron.
A face of a simplex is the subset obtained by setting one or more of the coordinates ai , defining the simplex, equal to 0; for example, the faces of a triangle are its sides and vertices.
The face of a half space is the plane that bounds it.
One of the regions bounded by edges of a planar graph.
A surface on which mining operations are being performed. Also known as breast.
The side of a fabric which is more attractive than the other side because of features such as weave, luster, or finish.
1. The exposed surface of a wall, masonry unit, or sheet of material.
2. The surface of a unit designed to be exposed, as in finished masonry, or plywood having one side which is finished.
3. The broad surface of a board, timber, or panel.
4. The exposed vertical surface of an arch.
5. The striking surface of a hammer.
6. During a construction operation in a tunnel, the surface being excavated.
7. To install a surface layer of one material on another, as to face a concrete block wall with brick.
. The surface of the propeller that strikes the air as the propeller rotates. The face of the propeller “faces” the pilot in single-engine airplanes. It corresponds to the bottom of an aircraft wing. Also known as a pressure face
. The open end of a duct ready to be joined to the next duct.iii
. In imagery, the emulsion side of a negative or layout plate or the printing surface of a plate.
Lovewit’s house servant; connives to make profit by alchemy. [Br. Lit.: The Alchemist]
cunning butler, sets up scam in master’s absence. [Br. Lit.: The Alchemist]
It is very common to dream about all kinds of faces. Strange faces and familiar faces alike are frequent images in our dreams. Interpret your dream by considering the face and the general content of the dream. A stranger’s face could represent different parts of your personality or psyche. You think that you are seeing a stranger but in actuality you are seeing a different part of yourself. Jung said that the stranger is a part of you that comes from the unconscious. A comic face may indicate that you have a conscious or unconscious need to mock or snub the conventional. Featureless faces suggest that you may feel unnoticed and unappreciated. On the other hand, some believe that the blank or unclear face represents a teacher. That is, someone who is there to show and teach you a lesson, but you are unprepared for it and so the face is blank. Smiling faces are representative of happy thoughts and feelings and possibly anticipation of a joyful event in the near future. Always remember the compensatory nature of dreams and their ability to point to the opposite of what you experience in daily life.