face putty

face putty, front putty

face putty
The putty on the exposed side of glass in a window frame; formed with a putty knife in the angle of the sash after the glass has been set in place.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
"So it's a little like a production of Falstaff," he says, expertly flicking the last remnants of face putty into a bin across the room.
At the beginning, they showed adverts for face putty and how to rebuild someone's face - I didn't like that.'