female(redirected from female pseudohermaphrodite)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to female pseudohermaphrodite: Male pseudohermaphroditism
1. of, relating to, or designating the sex producing gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
2. (of reproductive organs such as the ovary and carpel) capable of producing female gametes
3. (of gametes such as the ovum) capable of being fertilized by a male gamete in sexual reproduction
4. (of flowers) lacking, or having nonfunctional, stamens
5. Engineering having an internal cavity into which a projecting male counterpart can be fitted
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A flower lacking stamens.
An individual that bears young or produces eggs.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.