flambe glaze

flambé glaze

A flow ceramic glaze with copper, which produces a variegated effect.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
Moorcroft, Howson-Taylor and Bernard Moore had a fascination for the Chinese flambe glazes produced in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
The company experimented with glazes that were different from anything that had been produced before, the speckled, mottled, lustre and flambe glazes are certainly a mystery to those who tried to copy them.
Today, red flambe glazes are particularly prized by collectors but this is only one of the five glazes associated with Ruskin.