followup

(redirected from follow-up)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to follow-up: follow-up letter

followup

On Usenet, a posting generated in response to another posting (as opposed to a reply, which goes by e-mail rather than being broadcast). Followups include the ID of the parent message in their headers; smart news-readers can use this information to present Usenet news in "conversation" sequence rather than order-of-arrival. See thread.
This article is provided by FOLDOC - Free Online Dictionary of Computing (foldoc.org)
References in periodicals archive ?
WWL chief operating officer Mary Fleming said: "Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust continues to work in partnership with colleagues across the borough to reduce unplanned follow-up attendances to A&E.
While the effort to log and follow-up with patients means a couple of extra 'to-dos/ this is outweighed by the invaluable and intangible benefits to patient and the practitioner, certainly making it a worthwhile endeavour.
Scheduling an early follow-up may allow you to sleep better when you are concerned about the patient's condition.
The researchers found that women were willing to accept 1.72 additional unnecessary follow-ups and willing to pay [pounds sterling]79.17 for an additional cancer detected per 100 women screened, on average.
About 70 percent of these patients showed marked improvement in CMT during their follow-up at 1st week but the rest of 30 per cent patients remained refractory to the PST TA and showed no improvement in their CMT.
Of the 437 patients, 268 patients (61.3%) underwent a long-term follow-up with US examinations (range 60-78 months; mean 65.7 months).
Six sequels are follow-ups to originals that were only released last year, signalling the determination of studios to strike while the iron is hot.
This is the finding of a study, A Follow-up Study of Persons Found Not Criminally Responsible on Account of Mental Disorder in British Columbia.
Compiling the information this way eliminates the need to make follow-up calls that slow down the claims process, the company said.
Ed Simpson, editor of The Joplin (Mo.) Globe and a former state editor for United Press International, remembers UPI's emphasis on story follow-up: "We had a future file, and a big part of my morning -- 45 minutes every day -- involved going through the papers and going through clips and circling dates and dropping them in the future file.
An effective technique is to use a combination of the firm's own sales people and an independent teleprospecting firm to follow-up the direct mail.