References in classic literature ?
The footways of the great bridges over the East River were also closely packed and blocked.
The effect of this Order is to close the whole eastern footway on Union Terrace, Aberdeen, between its junctions with Union Street and Rosemount Viaduct, along with the southern footway on Rosemount Viaduct, Aberdeen, between its junctions with Union Terrace and Blackfriars Street, and the northern footway on Union Street, Aberdeen, between its junctions with Union Terrace and the west boundary of 136 Union Street, from 09:30 on 9 September 2019, until 24:00 on 17 November, 2020.
Environment and housing committee members agreed instead to the demolition of the wall after officials said it posed a risk to pedestrians if the temporary footway closure was lifted, particularly to young children.
The footway resurfacing for 2018/19 includes George Street, Lady Lane, Gallowhill Road and Glasgow Road in the town.
A SCHEME to replace a grass verge with a new footway near Nantgarw Business Park has been completed.
(1) Where the occupier of any premises adjoining or having access to a highway maintainable at the public expense habitually takes or permits to be taken a mechanically propelled vehicle across a kerbed footway or a verge in the highway to or from those premises, the highway authority for the highway may, subject to subsection (2) below, serve a notice on the owner and the occupier of the premises -
Construction work has begun at Danes Hill School to widen the school's drive as well as to build a new footway and pedestrian refuge.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on 15 August 2017 the Council of the City of Newcastle upon Tyne made an Order under Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the effect of which will be to prohibit all traffic (vehicles, pedestrians and other traffic) from proceeding on the lengths of road and footway specified in the Schedule to this Notice.
The estimated cost of the work is PS240,000, which will pay for the resurfacing, along with related works including essential drainage and minor footway maintenance such as kerb repairs.
This sign on Porthdafarch Road, near Holyhead, says there is "No footway for 1 mile" - but there is clearly a pavement just across the narrow road.
REDCAR AND CLEVELAND BOROUGH COUNCIL TEMPORARY ROAD AND FOOTWAY FOOTW CLOSURE (REDCAR ROAD, DUNSDALE) ORDER 2015 The Council has made an Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended because works are being or are proposed to be executed near the length of footway and road specified in the schedule below.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- footlight spot
- foot-meter rod
- foot-pound-second system of units
- foot's oil
- footwall shaft
- Footwashing Day
- Foppa, Vincenzo
- Foppington, Lord
- for free
- for loop
- for statement
- for The Rest Of Them
- for The Rest Of Us
- for values of
- For Your Information
- Forage Grasses
- Forage-Grass Cultivation
- Forager, Mounted
- Forain, Jean Louis
- Foraker, Joseph Benson
- Foraky boring method
- Foraky freezing process
- foramen magnum
- foramen of Magendie
- foramen of Monro
Full browser ?
- Footstrike Haemolysis
- footwall shaft
- Footwashing Day
- Footwear Design and Development Institute
- Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America
- Footwear Industries of America
- Footwear Industries of Tennessee, Inc.
- Footwear Industry Health and Safety Committee
- Footwear Institute of South Africa
- Footwear Manufacturers Association of Australia, Inc.