full-way valve

Also found in: Dictionary.

gate valve, full-way valve

gate valve
A flow control device consisting of a wedge-shaped gate which can be raised to allow full, unobstructed flow or can be lowered to restrict the flow passage; not intended for close fluid flow control nor for very tight shutoff. (See illustration p. 456.)
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.