galloping


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to galloping: Galloping Inflation, Galloping Gertie

galloping

[′gal·əp·iŋ]
(fluid mechanics)
Large-amplitude oscillations of a wire or cable in a strong wind, which may become destructive.
References in periodicals archive ?
Conductor galloping represents a classical motion instability mechanism in the steady flow over a noncircular cross section caused by ice accretion on the conductor.
The tie-up, in which Galloping Horse America holds a 70% interest and Reliance MediaWorks has the remaining 30%, submitted a winning bid of USD30.2m (EUR20.4m) and will purchase the assets subject to a purchase agreement being executed and the banruptcy court green light, the hearing for which is slated for today.
Galloping Horse and its partners in this deal hired boutique investment bank China eCapital Corp as exclusive financial advisor.Country: USASector: Leisure/ArtsTarget: Mothership Media, Digital Domain Productions Inc Buyer: JV between Galloping Horse America LLC and Reliance MediaWorks USA IncVendor: Administrators, Digital Domain Media Group IncDeal size in USD: 30.2mType: Corporate acquisitionStatus: ExclusivityBuyer advisor: China eCapital Corp Comment: Deal size refers to value of the winning bid.
FLIGHT LEADER is another who just keeps galloping and galloping and will be suited by conditions at Chepstow.
Clare Lilley, YorKshire Sculpture PARK's director of programme, said: "Julian Opie is one of the most significant artists of his generation and Galloping Horse is a beautiful WORK that extends the material of contemporary sculpture, MAKING full use of new technology.
Levin Management, leasing agent and manager of the Galloping Hill Shopping Center in Union, N.J., negotiated a 30,800 s/f lease with Super Foodtown supermarket.
Sir Michael Stoute's Russian Rhythm continued her 1,000 build-up when stretching out well under Kieren Fallon to go clear of her galloping companions.
Why this occurs is still not known; scientists have had few opportunities to observe these "galloping glaciers' first hand.
He added: "After racing we've got six of Nicky's galloping. They are Binocular, Long Run, Bobs Worth, Riverside Theatre, Kid Cassidy and Rolling Star.
The owners of Galloping Hill Mall in Union, New Jersey, and a shopping center in West Hempstead, Long Island, have named Levin Management Corporation of North Plainfield, New Jersey, exclusive managing and leasing agent for both locations.