Inherited differences in crossing over and gene conversion
frequencies between wild strains of Sordaria fimicola from Evolution Canyon.
It is additionally recommended that the parents of such individuals be tested as well to exclude the possibility of gene conversion
and functional divergence in the beta-globin gene family.
Second, because most of the functional genes on the Y occur in palindromes, they will be maintained by the gene conversion
methods that maintain them now.
allows a pathogen to retain a complete repertoire of variable antigen genes.
Genetic variation of the Borrelia burgdorferi gene [ILLEGIBLE TEXT] cassette-specific, segmental gene conversion
Intergenic recombinations are relatively frequent in this region (14), and are responsible for 95% of the mutations associated with 210HD; the remaining 5% of mutations are apparently not the result of gene conversion
The first involves a nonreciprocal gene conversion
event (see Fig.
In most cases, inactivating CYP21 mutations are generated by unequal crossing-over or gene conversion