References in periodicals archive ?
The behavioral basis of larval recruitment in the crab Callinectes sapidus Rathbun: a laboratory investigation of ontogenetic changes in geotaxis and barokinesis.
The righting reflex, negative geotaxis and grip strength tests showed no statistical differences when the treated groups were compared with the control group GC- (P>0.05).
There were no significant differences between group conditions (sham or carotid) or between treatments (saline, Grx2, or Trx1 administration) for the tasks evaluating surface righting reflex, negative geotaxis, crossed extensor reflex, ear twitching, auditory startle, and ear unfolding (see Supplementary Figure 1 available online at https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/4162465).
However, the impact of interventions on health span is commonly evaluated by means of motor performance test such as spontaneous motor activity and the geotaxis test.
Temperature changes also produce measurable alterations in the directional responses to light (phototaxis) and gravity (geotaxis), and the activity of crustacean larvae in general .
The following reflex tests were assessed in all pups from each litter: surface righting reflex (a normal ventral position assumed after the animal is placed on its back, observed for 15 s, postnatal days 2 to 7), negative geotaxis (to turn at least 90, after being placed face-down in a platform inclined at 45; the maximum time allowed for the pup to turn was 30 s, PD 7 to PD 12), and grasping reflex (registering the day of absence of involuntary bending of the fingers in response to tactile stimulation on the palm, PD2 to PD12).
Other model organisms that have been used to demonstrate choice include fruit flies (geotaxis) and crayfish (sand vs.
Very low doses of the chemicals together delayed ear opening, affected geotaxis, and reduced grip strength.
In the pre-weaning stage, control offspring mastered open field assessment and negative geotaxis earlier than growth restricted offspring.
Rats were observed from postnatal day 1 to 25 for the age of the appearance of physiological markers (pinna detachment, inscisor's eruption, eye opening) and acquisition of reflexes (surface righting, visual placing, reflex suspension, negative geotaxis).
To our knowledge, Murphey and Hall (1969) were the first to show that flies selected for negative geotaxis exhibited some physiological adaptation to the dry, plastic environment of a maze, that is, lower locomotor activity and lower mortality in absence of food.
The coastal snail also has a negative geotaxis: it will crawl up, away from the earth, if given the opportunity.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- geostrophic deviation
- geostrophic distance
- geostrophic equation
- geostrophic equilibrium
- geostrophic flow
- geostrophic flux
- geostrophic force
- geostrophic scale
- geostrophic vorticity
- geostrophic wind
- geostrophic wind speed
- geostrophic-wind level
- geostrophic-wind scale
- geosynchronous orbit
- geosynchronous satellite
- Geosynclinal Belt
- geosynclinal couple
- geosynclinal cycle
- geosynclinal facies
- Geosynclinal Region
- Geosynclinal System
- geotechnical investigation
- geotectonic cycle
- Geothermal Electric Power Plant
- geothermal energy
- Geothermal Gradient
- Geothermal heat
- Geothermal heat pumps
- Geothermal heat system
- Geothermal heat-exchange technology
- Geothermal power
- geothermal prospecting
- Geothermal Step
- geothermal system
- geothermal well logging
- Geothermal/ground-source heat pump
Full browser ?
- Geosyncronous orbit
- Geosyncronous orbit
- Geosynthetic clay liner
- Geosynthetic Membrane Monitoring System
- Geosynthetic Reinforced Pile Supported
- Geosynthetic-Reinforced Soil
- Geosynthetics Interest Group of South Africa
- Geosynthetics Research Institute
- Geotechmin Consulting and Engineering and Engineering Co. Ltd
- Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Software Directory
- Geotechnical Asset Management
- Geotechnical Baseline Report
- Geotechnical Control Office
- Geotechnical Data Interchange Format
- Geotechnical Design Summary Report
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering Server
- Geotechnical engineer
- Geotechnical engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering Office
- Geotechnical Engineering Research Group
- Geotechnical Engineers and Geologists
- Geotechnical Field Drilling
- Geotechnical Graduate Student Society
- Geotechnical Information Management System
- Geotechnical investigation
- Geotechnical Mapping Unit
- Geotechnical Measurements and Modelling
- Geotechnical Microanalysis and Micromorphology Centre
- Geotechnical Monitoring Program
- Geotechnical Testing Journal
- Geotechnical Well Construction