1. the amount that a pot will hold; potful
2. a handmade piece of pottery
3. a large mug or tankard, as for beer
4. the money or stakes in the pool in gambling games, esp poker
5. a wicker trap for catching fish, esp crustaceans
6. Billiards Snooker a shot by which a ball is pocketed
7. US informal a joint fund created by a group of individuals or enterprises and drawn upon by them for specified purposes
a. Scot and northern English dialect a deep hole or pothole
b. (capital when part of a name): Pen-y-Ghent Pot
Slang cannabis used as a drug in any form, such as leaves (marijuana or hemp) or resin (hashish)
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
What does it mean when you dream about a pot?
A symbol of female sexuality. We could be dreaming about “cooking up” something, or about examining one’s emotions close up. We can create things in a pot, but a “chamber pot” can also receive our waste materials. Pots are used in many idiomatic expressions, and a dream might be drawing on one of these meanings: “pot luck,” “pot calling the kettle black,” “a watched pot never boils,” “doesn’t have a pot to piss in,” “a melting pot,” etc.
The Dream Encyclopedia, Second Edition © 2009 Visible Ink Press®. All rights reserved.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
pot(1) (POTentiometer) See variable resistor.
(2) (POT) (Plain Old Telephone) See POTS.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.