Gum margin | Article about gum margin by The Free Dictionary
margin (redirected from gum margin)
Also found in: Dictionary
1. Commerce the profit on a transaction
2. Economics the minimum return below which an enterprise becomes unprofitable
The boundary around a body of water.
The blank area at the vertical and horizontal edges of a printed page.
(science and technology)
An outside limit.
1. The exposed flat surface of the stiles and rails which form the framing around a panel.
The projecting surface above the stair nosings in a close string.
3. The mitered border around a hearth.
4. The exposed surface of a slate or tile which is not covered by the one above.
marginA blank row at the extreme top and bottom or a blank column at the extreme left and right sides of a sheet of paper or on-screen window. Margins are used for design purposes as well as to accommodate printers that cannot print to the very edge of the paper. See margin guide and gutter.
References in periodicals archive
Symptoms: Your gum margins
are swollen, red and bleed when you brush your teeth.
This can still be done even if your tooth has snapped off or has had to be removed right at the gum margin
. Then, three or four posts are drilled into what is left of the tooth so the cap or crown can be fitted to them.
It's usually done by filing the tooth away to form a "peg" on to which the cap is cemented and can still be done even if your tooth is snapped off at the gum margin