stria(redirected from habenular stria)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to habenular stria: habenular commissure, habenular trigone, Taenia thalami, stria medullaris thalami
1. Geology any of the parallel scratches or grooves on the surface of a rock caused by abrasion resulting from the passage of a glacier, motion on a fault surface, etc.
2. fine ridges and grooves on the surface of a crystal caused by irregular growth
3. Biology anatomy a narrow band of colour or a ridge, groove, or similar linear mark, usually occurring in a parallel series
4. Architect a narrow channel, such as a flute on the shaft of a column
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A minute line, band, groove, or channel.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. A fillet.
2. A rib, esp. one repeated to give texture.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.