Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Brief history of the Harmonist society, the Utopian society, and Working Men's Institute.
The Harmonist is a substantial and carefully worked collection, befitting its long gestation, with over seventy poems in six distinct sections.
I never grasped why the poem's treatment of the temptations in the wilderness needed comparing with John Bale's 1547 Temptacyon of Christ, given that any and every biblical harmonist had to tackle the problem.
Danky's advocacy of alternative press collecting, in such works as Alternative Materials in Libraries and Alternative Library Literature, are another reason we now have "zine librarians" and "zine libraries." As early as the 1970s Danky was showing librarians the how and what (if not always the why) of alternative acquisitions in a newsletter called Collectors' Network News, which reviewed such publications such as The New Age Harmonist (1978) and Doing It!
It is well known that William Maclure contracted Pestalozzi's colleague, Josef Neef, to assist him in establishing the schools for the Harmonist sect of New Harmony, Indiana after Maclure visited Pestalozzi's school in Switzerland (Cremin 1980, 79).
Two initial chapters cover the second century background and our knowledge of the harmonist Tatian himself.
The outdoor museum and its associated tourist attractions comprise a twelve-block area in the northern portion of contemporary New Harmony, in roughly the same location as Harmonist and Owenite New Harmony.
Thus an anonymous 1813 review of the newly published D minor `English' Suite celebrates Bach, the `great harmonist and hero of true German music', while noting that the suite is `by no means one of the most learned nor one of the most original [works] of the master'.(28)
An Indian economist, Ramgopal Agarwala, offers a "Harmonist Manifesto," emphasizing a "needs-based" approach to development in place of a "wants-based" approach.
The garden at Economy was "an allegorical object, which took the elements of a formal princely garden and configured them into a statement of Harmonist belief" (193).
Members of the Harmonist community evidenced little by way of individualism in either spiritual or administrative matters (Nordhoff 393; Spann 7).
Burrows as The practical harmonist at the harpsichord (New Haven, 1963; R/New York, 1980) [page numbers for subsequent quotes are taken from this edition].
Encyclopedia browser ?
- harmonic motion
- Harmonic Oscillations
- harmonic oscillator
- harmonic pencil
- harmonic prediction
- harmonic producer
- harmonic progression
- Harmonic proportions
- harmonic range
- harmonic ratio
- harmonic selective ringing
- harmonic sequence
- Harmonic Series
- harmonic speed changer
- Harmonic Synthesizer
- harmonic telephone ringer
- harmonic tide plane
- harmonic vibration
- harmonic vibration-rotation band
- harmonic wave
- harmonic wave analyzer
- harmonica bug
- Harmonie State Park
- Harmony Grove Spiritualist Community
- Harmony of Interests, Theory of
- Harmony Society
- Harmony Society Harmonists
- Harmsworth, Alfred Charles William
- Harmsworth, Harold Sidney
- Harnack, Adolf von
- Harnack's first convergence theorem
- Harnack's second convergence theorem
- harness racing
- Harnett County
- Harnett, William
- Harnett, William Michael
- Harney County
- Harney Peak
- Harney, Ben
- Harney, George Julian
Full browser ?
- Harmonised European Approaches for Transport Costing
- Harmonised European Standard for a Construction Product
- Harmonised European Statistics on International Migration
- Harmonised European Time Use Surveys
- Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices
- Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices
- Harmonised Mandatory Control System
- Harmonised Participatory Planning Guide
- harmonised standard
- Harmonised System
- Harmonised System Code
- Harmonised System Committee
- Harmonised System Explanatory Notes
- Harmonised System of Nomenclature
- Harmonised System of Survey and Certification
- Harmonised Tariff Item Statistical Code
- Harmonisierter Verbraucherpreisindex
- Harmonising Occupational Health Nursing in the European Union
- Harmonization Coordination Committee Permanent Secretariat
- Harmonization Document
- Harmonization for Health in Africa
- Harmonization Group on Marine Information Objects
- harmonization of accounts
- Harmonization of Environmental Measurement Information System
- Harmonization Working Group