Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Section 108(b) of CERCLA (also known as Superfund) directs EPA to develop regulations requiring classes of facilities to establish and maintain evidence of financial responsibility to cover the costs associated with releases or threatened releases of hazardous substances from their facilities.
The oil shale mining region in north-east Estonia continues to be of concern in terms of hazardous substances. In this region the largest industrial (Kunda Nordic Cement, Viru Keemia Grupp AS, Kivioli Keemiakombinaat, etc.) and energy (Baltic and Estonian thermal power plants) enterprises in Estonia are located .
If it is found that hazardous substances in your building exist above the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ), you must not only pay a fee, but also complete and file a Risk Management Plan for that facility.
As the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC), that includes Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus, is about to adopt a Regulation restricting hazardous substances in electronic and radio-electronic equipment, manufacturers, importers and retailers active in the EEC markets should start preparing for the impending changes to the market access process.
The Hazardous Substances Act provides for effective protection against radiation, but has been undermined by poor administration and uncertainty about regulations and licensing conditions.
In addition, new concerns have been raised since September 11, 2001, regarding the potential for terrorist attacks on railcars carrying large quantities of hazardous substances. Increased collaboration among railroad stakeholder organizations (e.g., environmental, transportation, industry, public health, public safety, and research) could result in better mechanisms to monitor rail substance-release events and use available data to identify vulnerabilities and promote safer technologies and practices.
"The second element of liability under CERCLA is that there must be a 'release' or 'threatened release' of a hazardous substance from the facility into the environment.
It already has consent to store various hazardous substances, including 4,020 tonnes of vinyl chloride monomer and two tonnes of methane.
The bill would also authorize funds for remediation of sites contaminated by petroleum (exempted by the Superfund law from the definition of a hazardous substance), principally abandoned gas stations.
* In which there has been a release, threat of release or disposal of any hazardous substance.
Therefore, the EPA standards protect unpaid personnel, such as volunteer firefighters, who respond to hazardous substance emergencies.
Under CERCLA, the owner or operator of a property may be held liable for the entire cost of cleaning up hazardous substances found on a site, regardless of whether the owner or operator is responsible for the release of the hazardous substance.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Hayward grab bucket
- Hayward orange peel
- Haywood County
- Haywood, Eliza
- hazard alert
- hazard analysis critical control points
- hazard assessment
- hazard beacon
- hazard lights
- hazard material
- hazard of contents
- Hazard, Ebenezer
- Hazard, Geoffrey C., Jr.
- Hazard, Paul
- hazardous air pollutants
- hazardous area
- hazardous area reporting service
- hazardous in-flight weather advisory service
- Hazardous material
- hazardous materials
- hazardous situation
- hazardous substance
- Hazardous use units
- Hazardous waste
- hazardous weather information
- Hazare, Anna
- haze droplet
- haze factor
- haze horizon
- haze layer
- haze level
- haze line
- Haze, Atmospheric
- Hazel & Bill Rutherford Wildlife Prairie State Park
- Hazel Hen
- Hazel Mouse
- hazel nut
- Hazel Park
- hazel sandstone
Full browser ?
- Hazardous Materials Vault
- Hazardous Materials/Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Misleading Terrain Information
- Hazardous Nomad Co-Op
- Hazardous Noxious Substances
- Hazardous Occupations Order for Agriculture
- Hazardous Occupations Safety Training for Agriculture
- Hazardous Occurrence Investigation Report
- Hazardous Operations
- Hazardous or Explosive Gases
- Hazardous Organic Constituents
- Hazardous Organic Mishap
- Hazardous Organic NESHAP
- Hazardous Payload Facility
- Hazardous Process Material
- Hazardous Process Piping
- Hazardous Processing Facility
- Hazardous Production Material
- Hazardous Products Act
- Hazardous Protection Monitoring
- Hazardous Ranking Score
- Hazardous Reagent
- Hazardous Recreational Water Body
- Hazardous Response Support Division
- Hazardous Road Conditions
- Hazardous Site Control Division
- Hazardous Site Evaluation Division
- Hazardous Site Reuse and Redevelopment Act
- hazardous situation
- Hazardous Solvent Substitution Data System
- hazardous substance
- Hazardous Substance Analysis
- Hazardous Substance Fact Sheet
- Hazardous Substance Free
- Hazardous Substance Incident Response Management
- Hazardous Substance List
- Hazardous Substance Location
- Hazardous Substance Management
- Hazardous Substance Management Research Center
- Hazardous Substance Management System
- Hazardous Substance Release/Health Effects Database
- Hazardous Substance Rescue Unit
- Hazardous Substance Research Center
- Hazardous Substance Research Center - South & Southwest
- Hazardous Substance Response Organization
- Hazardous Substance Tax
- Hazardous substances
- Hazardous Substances & Health Effects Database
- Hazardous Substances Academic Training
- Hazardous Substances Act
- Hazardous Substances and New Organisms
- Hazardous Substances Assessment Unit
- Hazardous Substances Authority
- Hazardous Substances Committee
- Hazardous Substances Control Act
- Hazardous Substances Data Bank
- Hazardous Substances Data Base
- Hazardous Substances Database
- Hazardous Substances Emergency Events Surveillance
- Hazardous Substances Management Division
- Hazardous Substances Mitigation Act