counter(redirected from hunts counter)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
a. a small flat disc of wood, metal, or plastic, used in various board games
b. a similar disc or token used as an imitation coin
2. a skating figure consisting of three circles
1. an apparatus that records the number of occurrences of events
2. any instrument for detecting or counting ionizing particles or photons
3. Electronics another name for scaler
1. a return attack, such as a blow in boxing
2. Fencing a parry in which the foils move in a circular fashion
3. the portion of the stern of a boat or ship that overhangs the water aft of the rudder
4. the part of a horse's breast under the neck and between the shoulders
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A horizontal work surface, display, or serving surface, such as in a store, in a restaurant, or on top of a kitchen cabinet.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
A register or storage location used to represent the number of occurrences of an event.
A complete instrument for detecting, totalizing, and indicating a sequence of events.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. A long horizontal surface used in stores, shops, banks, etc., for display of goods, for work-top areas, or for business transactions.
2. The top or working surface of the base of a kitchen cabinet.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
counter(1) In programming, a variable that is used to keep track of anything that must be counted. The programming language determines the number of counters (variables) that are available to a programmer.
(2) In electronics, a circuit that counts pulses and generates an output at a specified time.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.