rink(redirected from ice rinks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. an expanse of ice for skating on, esp one that is artificially prepared and under cover
2. an area for roller skating on
3. a building or enclosure for ice skating or roller skating
4. Bowls a strip of the green, usually about 5--7 metres wide, on which a game is played
5. Curling the strip of ice on which the game is played, usually 41 by 4 metres
6. (in bowls and curling) the players on one side in a game
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
1. A bounded space of ice, usually enclosed, for skating, curling, or ice hockey matches.
2. A bounded space, usually enclosed, with a smooth floor, of wood or asphalt, for roller skating.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.