Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to incendiary: Incendiary device
1. of or relating to the illegal burning of property, goods, etc.
2. tending to create strife, violence, etc.; inflammatory
3. (of a substance) capable of catching fire, causing fires, or burning readily
4. a person who illegally sets fire to property, goods, etc.; arsonist
5. (esp formerly) a person who stirs up civil strife, violence, etc., for political reasons; agitator
6. an incendiary substance, such as phosphorus
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Ammunition equipped so that an incendiary effect at the target occurs.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Any chemical agent designed to cause combustion, used especially as a filling for certain bombs, shells, bullets, or the like. Also short for incendiary bomb or incendiary shell. See also napalm.
An Illustrated Dictionary of Aviation Copyright © 2005 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved