indirect hernia

indirect hernia

[‚in·də′rekt ′hər·nē·ə]
(medicine)
A form of inguinal hernia that passes out of the abdomen through the inguinal canal.
References in periodicals archive ?
The randomised controlled trial study was conducted in patient of age around 35-60 years unilateral indirect hernia alone taken for study.
The International Endohernia Society has stated that, in indirect hernia repair, complete reduction of the hernia sac may eliminate the occurrence of chronic seroma [1, 5].
Majority of the patients had indirect hernia and mean operation time was similar in both groups.
In one patient, recurrent indirect hernia occurred within 2 years after the operation, and the patient presented for second operation.
Direct inguinal hernia was mostly observed in old aged patients and they were 19(44.18%) patients while remaining were of indirect hernia 24(55.81%) patients.
Pubic tubercle and hernia sac injection: About 3 ml of 1% lidocaine was infiltrated at the level of the pubic tubercle around the neck and inside the indirect hernia sac.
* For indirect hernia repairs, an athlete can return to non-contact sports at six to eight weeks and contact sports eight to ten weeks after surgery.
An indirect hernia originates laterally to the inferior epigastric artery.
At exploration through the left inguinal incision, an irregular mass was identified within the indirect hernia sac.
The inguinal region was scanned for direct or indirect hernia and edema within the inguinal canal.
Full browser ?