industrial waste


Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.

industrial waste

[in′dəs·trē·əl ′wāst]
(engineering)
Worthless materials remaining from industrial operations.

industrial waste

A waterborne waste resulting from an industrial process; differs in composition from domestic sewage wastes.
References in periodicals archive ?
Collection of residual waste of household origin and comparable industrial waste in the scope of the miwa association, including the transport of the collected residual waste to the processor.
Apparently, some institutions discharge raw industrial waste directly into sewerage system which ultimately affect the composition thereof hence contributing to limits exceeding the Botswana Standard, BOS 93 (Wastewater Specification),' he said.
According to a survey of UNDP in Pakistan 47920 tons of industrial waste is generated daily out of which only 60 % waste is disposed of and the rest 40 % waste makes it abode in streets and thrown in nullahs.
Chief Secretary of Government of Sindh had apprised the Court that there were two aspects of the matter; one was about the disposal of the industrial waste and the other was regarding the municipal waste which falls within Scheme-III; however, for both these categories, certain adverse implications had been identified and apprised to the Court.
During last hearing of the case held on December 5, the bench headed by chief justice said that on the present issue, the Sindh chief secretary has apprised the court that there are two aspects of the matter, one is about the disposal of industrial waste and other is regarding municipal waste which falls within Scheme-III, however for both these categories certain adverse implications have been identified and apprised the court.
Hazardous industrial waste generated in Tunisia are estimated at 150,000 tons per year, of which 12,000 tons per year were treated before the closure of the Jradou centre, according to data published by "Prevention Plus Formation", a company specializing in the field of industrial safety and environment.
The Non-hazardous Industrial Waste Output project will involve research that will fill an information gap resulting from a 30-year time lag since the last assessment of non-hazardous industrial wastes' (NHIW) generation rate.
Segmentation by industry and analysis of the industrial waste recycling and services market
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Industrial Waste Recycling and Services market in Europe to grow at a CAGR of 8.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Industrial Waste Recycling and Services market to grow at a CAGR of 10.
The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu (RCJY) will organize an international conference on modern technologies in recycling and reusing industrial waste in Jubail Industrial City from Dec.

Full browser ?