References in periodicals archive ?
While negligence and general innumeracy cannot be ruled out in some cases, deliberate falsification is widespread.
There is a well-documented tendency, known as immigrant population innumeracy, wherein most ordinary citizens wildly over-estimate immigrant population sizes.
Nevertheless, the vast innumeracy literature has shown that individuals are often incapable of accurately estimating the magnitude of social phenomena because of cognitive biases (Mock and Weisberg 1992; Nadeau, Niemi and Levine 1993).
There is also a challenge with what is known as innumeracy, the struggle many people have understanding numbers, particularly probabilities.
Those of us who tend toward innumeracy may find this site difficult to use.
This is incongruence to the expectations of the Nigerian government at all levels that the society be ridden off innumeracy to the point that an average Nigerian should be able to at least perform basic mathematical computations which are needed in today's 21st century work place.
Today, large swaths of the landscape appear to be ruled by innumeracy or delusion - by myth.
In addition to displaying an economic incompetence that borders on innumeracy, these matters also raise questions about honesty and judgement.
Innumeracy deprives them not only of opportunity but also of competence in everyday tasks.
Most of them are afflicted by such an extreme case of innumeracy, leading them into flights of exaggeration in which every death or untoward action becomes catastrophic, as to render their commentary meaningless, even malevolent.
Women issues such as engendering the budget, women illiteracy, and innumeracy, girls' education, issues related to the reduction of run-away astronomical numbers in maternal mortality rates, enactment of laws to prohibit and criminalise all forms of female genital mutilation (FGM) were completely ignored, by the NCP and SPLM women in parliament.
29) Whether these supplementary finances will soon materialize is doubtful, but ISAF and NATO can make meaningful progress toward overall economic development by continuing to combat illiteracy and innumeracy, promoting the recruitment of national minorities within the ANSF, and imparting more dual-use technical skills that have civilian application, including project and logistics management.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Innokentii Ivanovich Kanonnikov
- Innokentii Kandalov
- Innokentii Kanonnikov
- Innokentii Khalepskii
- Innokentii Kozhevnikov
- Innokentii Lopatin
- Innokentii Mikhailovich Smoktunovskii
- Innokentii Omulevskii
- Innokentii Petrovich Gerasimov
- Innokentii Serafimovich Kozhevnikov
- Innokentii Smoktunovskii
- Innokentii Vasilevich Omulevskii
- Innoko National Wildlife Refuge
- innominate artery
- Innovation and design process
- Innovation, Linguistic
- Inns of Court
- Inoculated Cast Iron
- Inoculation, Protective
- Inoculations Free of Charge: Help Depopulate the Planet
- Inoe Skazanie
- Inokhodtsev, Petr
- Inokhodtsev, Petr Borisovich
- Inönü, Ismet
- in-order traversal
- inorganic acid
- inorganic biochemistry
- inorganic chemistry
- inorganic chert
Full browser ?
- Innuitian Mountains