instalment


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
Related to instalment: Instalment Sale

instalment

(US), installment
one of the portions, usually equal, into which a debt is divided for payment at specified intervals over a fixed period
References in classic literature ?
Not without influence here was the necessity of filling a specified number of serial instalments, each of a definite number of pages, and each requiring a striking situation at the end.
A day or two afterward found the active and judicious editor examining, with blue eyes that seemed to grow rounder and rounder, the second instalment of Mr Finn's tale of mysteries in high life.
Galaxy S9+ 64 GB can be purchased for EGP 17,300 in cash, or on a six-month installment plan for EGP 3,273 per month, or a nine-month instalment plan for EGP 2,312 per month.
The bill provides for a minimum instalment depending on the amount owed.
However, after paying only the first instalment, and before the next instalment had become due, he sold the property through a legal agreement, signed on 15.
Option 2--Pay l/12th of the preceding year's tax liability (first instalment base);
The instalment period cannot exceed a year, a period that begins starting from the date set by the government body.
Dubai: Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, has issued a resolution allowing instalment of fines due to the Government of Dubai.
Conditional sales (sales where possession of property is transferred but ownership passes only after certain conditions are fulfilled, for example on full payment of the purchase price by the recipient), and instalment sales, (sales where the ownership of the property transfers immediately, but the property is paid for in instalments), are both "sales" for the purposes of the override rule.
After reviewing co-operation between the European Union and certain ACP countries, the Commission recently approved a number of decisions regarding the allocation of the second instalment of National Indicative Programmes (NIPs) for the 8th European Development Fund (EDF).
1614 per share previously cancelled, represents the first instalment of the dividend announced on December 2, 2005.
He explained that 50% of the market's sales are conducted through instalment systems, 70% of which are acquired by the banks while the remaining 30% are acquired by instalment companies and showrooms.