elastic(redirected from intermaxillary elastic)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
1. (of a body or material) capable of returning to its original shape after compression, expansion, stretching, or other deformation
2. (of gases) capable of expanding spontaneously
3. Physics (of collisions) involving no overall change in translational kinetic energy
4. made of elastic
5. tape, cord, or fabric containing interwoven strands of flexible rubber or similar substance allowing it to stretch and return to its original shape
6. Chiefly US and Canadian something made of elastic, such as a rubber band or a garter
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Capable of sustaining deformation without permanent loss of size or shape.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Descriptive of a material having the property of elasticity.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.