urography

(redirected from intravenous urography)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.

urography

[yə′räg·rə·fē]
(medicine)
Radiography of any portion of the urinary tract; most often follows the intravenous administration of iodinated contrast material.
References in periodicals archive ?
Relative merits of ultrasound and intravenous urography in the investigation of the urinary tract.
Currently, the radiographic evaluation of the urinary tract in enuresis can involve ultrasonography, intravenous urography, cystourethography, and CT urography.
Diagnosing urinary tract abnormalities: intravenous urography or CT urography?
The sample size included 147 (58.8%) male and 103 (41.2%) female patients; 201 (80.4%) underwent contrast enhanced CT examination while in the rest 49 (19.6%) patients Intravenous Urography (IVU) was done.
patients (%) 148 (20.1%) Age 42.8 [+ or -] 16.3 (mean [+ or -] SD, years)* Gender (%) Male 86 (58.1%) Female 62 (41.9%) Stone size (mm) 11.3 [+ or -] 3.9 Stone location (%) Distal ureter 70.9% Mid-ureter 23.6% Proximal ureter 5.5% Stone side (%) Right 76 (51.4%) Left 72 (48.6%) Bilateral -- Previous SWL (%) 38 (25.7%) Group I, intravenous urography; group II, computed tomography; group III, computed tomography and intravenous urography; group IV, ultrasonography and abdominal plain film.
Caption: Figure 2: One month after the extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, intravenous urography confirms the absence of any residual stone.
Radiation gonad doses received by children in intravenous urography and micturition cysto-urethrography.
Ureteric calculus is diagnosed as a radio opaque (white) shadow in the line of ureters on plain abdominal radiography a filling defect (black) in the contrast filled ureters on intravenous urography or an echogenic shadow (white) with posterior acoustic shadow (black) in ureters on abdominal ultrasound.
The role of all modalities, including conventional radiography, intravenous urography (IVU)/excretory urography, ultrasonography, retrograde pyelography, multidetector computed tomography urography (MDCTU), and magnetic resonance urography (MRU), is discussed.
Filling defects caused by these tumours are not always visualised on intravenous urography and/or cystography.
These patients had full urological workup including routine investigations, viral profile, ultrasonography, intravenous urography in those selected patients who had uni or bilateral upper tract dilatation and preliminary cystoscopy and vaginoscopy for the diagnosis and planning of surgical approach for vesicovaginal fistula repair.

Full browser ?