seat(redirected from is seated)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
Related to is seated: deep-seated
1. Politics a membership or the right to membership in a legislative or similar body
2. Chiefly Brit a parliamentary constituency
3. the manner in which a rider sits on a horse
4. on seat W African informal (of officials) in the office rather than on tour or on leave
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A chair, stool, or bench on which to sit; may be built-in, such as a window seat.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
The fixed, pressure-containing portion of a valve which comes into contact with the moving portions of that valve.
Support or holder for a mechanism, or for a part of one.
To fit correctly in or on a holder, or prepared position, such as to seat a fuse in a bomb, a projectile in the bore of a gun, or a cartridge in a chamber.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. In carpentry, same as seat cut.
2. In plumbing, same as valve seat.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
per seatBy workstation. See per seat license.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.