throw(redirected from is thrown back on)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. an act or result of throwing dice
a. the eccentricity of a cam
b. the radial distance between the central axis of a crankshaft and the axis of a crankpin forming part of the shaft
3. a sheet of fabric used for draping over an easel or unfinished painting, etc., to keep the dust off
4. Geology the vertical displacement of rock strata at a fault
5. Physics the deflection of a measuring instrument as a result of a sudden fluctuation
The scattering of fragments in a blasting operation.
The vertical component of dip separation on a fault, or generally the amount of vertical displacement on any fault.
The maximum diameter of the circle moved by a rotary part.
1. The horizontal or vertical axial distance an airstream travels after leaving an air outlet to the point where the airstream velocity is reduced to a specific value; also called blow.
2. The effective distance between a lighting fixture and the area being lighted.
3. The maximum distance that a bolt projects when it is fully extended.