isometric(redirected from isometric line)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Physiol of or relating to muscular contraction that does not produce shortening of the muscle
2. (of a crystal or system of crystallization) having three mutually perpendicular equal axes
3. Crystallog another word for cubic
4. Prosody having or made up of regular feet
5. (of a method of projecting a drawing in three dimensions) having the three axes equally inclined and all lines drawn to scale
6. a drawing made in this way
7. a line on a graph showing variations of pressure with temperature at constant volume
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.