story(redirected from it's the story of life)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. a narration of a chain of events told or written in prose or verse
2. a piece of fiction, briefer and usually less detailed than a novel
3. the plot of a book, film, etc.
The space in a building between floor levels; in some codes a basement is considered a story, generally a cellar is not; a major architectural division even where no floor exists, as a tier or a row of windows.
The space between two floors or between a floor and the roof.
story (Brit. storey)
1. The space in a building between floor levels, or between a floor and a roof above. In some codes and ordinances a basement is considered as a story; generally a cellar is not.
2. A major architectural division even where no floor exists, as a tier or a row of windows.