sweet(redirected from keep sweet)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms.
1. (of wine, etc.) having a relatively high sugar content; not dry
2. free from unpleasant odours
3. containing no corrosive substances
4. (of petrol) containing no sulphur compounds
5. Jazz performed with a regular beat, with the emphasis on clearly outlined melody and little improvisation
Henry. 1845--1912, English philologist; a pioneer of modern phonetics. His books include A History of English Sounds (1874)