knot sealer

Also found in: Dictionary.

knotting, knot sealer

A sealer (such as shellac, aluminum paint, or varnish) for knots in new wood; used to prevent bleed-through of resin into paints.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Eventually, the rosin in the knots will bleed through the finish, and although there are special knot sealers used in the finish system, they are only temporary measures.