Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
legation:see diplomatic servicediplomatic service,
organized body of agents maintained by governments to communicate with one another. Origins
Until the 15th cent. any formal communication or negotiation among nations was conducted either by means of ambassadors specially appointed for a
..... Click the link for more information. ; extraterritorialityextraterritoriality
privilege of immunity from local law enforcement enjoyed by certain aliens. Although physically present upon the territory of a foreign nation, those aliens possessing extraterritoriality are considered by customary
..... Click the link for more information. .
1. a diplomatic mission headed by a minister
2. the official residence and office of a diplomatic minister
3. the act of sending forth a diplomatic envoy
4. the mission or business of a diplomatic envoy
5. the rank or office of a legate