live(redirected from living to fight another day)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. (esp of a volcano) not extinct
2. of a record
a. recorded in concert
b. recorded in one studio take, without overdubs or splicing
3. connected to a source of electric power
4. being in a state of motion or transmitting power; positively connected to a driving member
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Being broadcast directly at the time of production, instead of from recorded or filmed program material.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Connected to a source of voltage.
2. Said of a room having an unusually small amount of sound absorption.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
live(1) An event that is broadcast or recorded as it happens. See real time.
(2) See Windows Live, Office Live and Samsung Gear Live.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.