margin(redirected from margining)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
1. Commerce the profit on a transaction
2. Economics the minimum return below which an enterprise becomes unprofitable
The boundary around a body of water.
The blank area at the vertical and horizontal edges of a printed page.
(science and technology)
An outside limit.
1. The exposed flat surface of the stiles and rails which form the framing around a panel.
2. The projecting surface above the stair nosings in a close string.
3. The mitered border around a hearth.
4. The exposed surface of a slate or tile which is not covered by the one above.