Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. made, performed, or operated by or as if by a machine or machinery
2. concerned with machines or machinery
3. relating to or controlled or operated by physical forces
4. of or concerned with mechanics
5. Philosophy accounting for phenomena by physically determining forces
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Of, pertaining to, or concerned with machinery or tools.
A finished copy that usually contains hand lettering, type proofs, and art especially positioned and mounted so that a photochemical reproduction can be made on a letterpress, offset, or other printing plate. Also known as keyline layout; paste-up.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.