mechanical(redirected from mechanicalism)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. made, performed, or operated by or as if by a machine or machinery
2. concerned with machines or machinery
3. relating to or controlled or operated by physical forces
4. of or concerned with mechanics
5. Philosophy accounting for phenomena by physically determining forces
Of, pertaining to, or concerned with machinery or tools.
A finished copy that usually contains hand lettering, type proofs, and art especially positioned and mounted so that a photochemical reproduction can be made on a letterpress, offset, or other printing plate. Also known as keyline layout; paste-up.