member(redirected from member of medical staff)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. any individual plant or animal in a taxonomic group
2. any part of an animal body, such as a limb
3. another word for penis
4. any part of a plant, such as a petal, root, etc.
5. Maths any individual object belonging to a set or logical class
6. a distinct part of a whole, such as a proposition in a syllogism
7. a component part of a building or construction
Any individual element of a building, such as a framing member; also one of the individual shapes that make up a molding, such as a cornice or a water table.
A structural unit such as a wall, column, beam, or tie, or a combination of any of these.
A rock stratigraphic unit of subordinate rank comprising a specially developed part of a varied formation.
An individual object that belongs to a set. Also known as element.
For an equation, the expression on either side of the equality sign.
In structural engineering, a component part of a structure, complete in itself.