Mensurative | Article about mensurative by The Free Dictionary
mensuration (redirected from mensurative)
Also found in: Dictionary
the study of the measurement of geometric magnitudes such as length
The measurement of geometric quantities; for example, length, area, and volume.
(science and technology)
The act or process of measuring.
1. The process or art of measuring.
2. The branch of mathematics dealing with the determination of length, area, or volume.
References in periodicals archive
experiment to characterize Symbiodinium
Because it was unclear whether existing theories would apply to this landscape, we chose a comparative mensurative
experiment (Hurlbert 1984) designed to explore patterns in the relationship between landscape structure and bird populations.
In a mensurative
ecological analysis, McClanahan et at (2005) examined the coincidence of coral bleaching and water flow around Mauritius in 2004, and found that the severity of bleaching was positively associated with water flow.
- Menshagin, Vladimir Dmitrievich
- Mensheviks, Proparty
- Menshevizing Idealism
- Menshikov, Aleksandr
- Menshikov, Aleksandr Danilovich
- Menshikov, Aleksandr Danilovich, Prince
- Menshikov, Aleksandr Sergeevich
- Menshov, Dmitrii
- Menshov, Dmitrii Evgenevich
- Menshutkin, Boris
- Menshutkin, Boris Nikolaevich
- Menshutkin, Nikolai
- Menshutkin, Nikolai Aleksandrovich
- menstrual age
- Menstrual Cycle
- menstrual period
- Mensural Notation
- mental aberration
- mental adjustment
- mental age
- Mental Agitation
- mental deficiency
- Mental Diseases
- mental disorders
- mental handicap
- mental health
- mental hygiene
- mental illness
- mental illness, legal
- Mental Marasmus
- Mental Mediumship
- mental retardation
- mental telepathy
- mental tests