References in periodicals archive ?
'We discovered non-cancerous cells in the tumour microenvironment regress back into a stem-cell like state and actually support cancer growth.
NOXXON's oncology-focused pipeline acts on the tumor microenvironment (TME) and the cancer immunity cycle by breaking the tumor protection barrier and blocking tumor repair.
Like T cells, macrophages can recognise and kill malignant cells but in the tumour microenvironment their behaviour is radically altered - they have acquired a number of functions that help the malignant cells survive and spread.
E7130 is a next-generation agent improving tumor microenvironment, which has been developed by a joint research with Eisai and Harvard University.
In laboratory experiments, the researchers were able to show that environmental factors, such as lack of oxygen in combination with signals from the tumor microenvironment can induce cancer cells to modify their characteristics.
To increase durability in the tumor microenvironment, the HPVSTs are armored by modifying the cells to express a decoy TGF-?
"Exploring the tumor microenvironment as a source of targets that can be modulated to inhibit cancer growth holds tremendous promise.
Citation: Sabine Francois et al., Mesenchymal stem cell administration attenuates colon cancer progression by modulating the immune component within the colorectal tumor microenvironment. Stem Cells Journal, 19 November 2018, DOI: 10.1002/sctm.18-0117
The study focuses on the role of small, spherical tumor-secreted packages, called exosomes, which contain tumor-derived proteins, in preparing a liver microenvironment fertile for pancreatic cancer metastasis.
A reason for this is the hostile microenvironment of the tumour, which makes it hard for antibodies designed to kill cancer cells to reach them.
"The goal of these tissue engineered cancer models is to mimic the physiological environment of the tumor, so we can use them as a platform to study breast cancer in the human tissue microenvironment."
The poster titled "TLR9 agonist SNA-induced innate and adaptive immune responses in tumor microenvironment enhance checkpoint inhibitor antitumor activity in mouse tumor models" supports the ongoing clinical development of the company's proprietary SNA technology and highlights its potential impact in the tumor microenvironment in potentiating antitumor effects of anti-PD-1.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Microelectric Machine
- Microelectrode Technique
- microelectromechanical system
- micro-electro-mechanical system
- Micro-electro-mechanical systems
- microelectronic circuitry
- Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation
- microemulsion flooding
- micro-en route automated radar tracking system
- microfilm plotter
- microfloppy disk
Full browser ?
- microemulsion flooding
- Microencapsulated Urease Artificial Kidney
- microendoscopic discectomy scope
- MicroEnergy Technologies, Inc.
- Microengineering Common Interest Group
- Microenterprise Access to Banking Services
- MicroEnterprise Development Association
- Microenterprise Development Organization
- Microenterprise Development Program
- Microenvironmental Minimal Bactericidal Concentrations
- microetching technique
- Microfabrication Applications Laboratory
- Microfabrication by Coextrusion
- Microfabrication by Coextrusion Melt Spinning