cradle(redirected from neck cradle)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. a frame, rest, or trolley made to support or transport a piece of equipment, aircraft, ship, etc.
2. a platform, cage, or trolley, in which workmen are suspended on the side of a building or ship
3. a holder connected to a computer allowing data to be transferred from a PDA, digital camera, etc.
4. another name for creeper
5. a framework used to prevent the bedclothes from touching a sensitive part of an injured person
A structure that moves along an inclined track on a riverbank and is equipped with a horizontal deck carrying tracks for transferring railroad cars to and from boats at different water elevations.
A framework or other resting place for supporting or restraining objects.
The nonrecoiling structure of a weapon that houses the recoiling parts and rotates to elevate the gun.
A device that catches the cards as they fall from a jacquard head.
1. See chimney foundation.
2. The structural support for a pipe which is placed below and to one side of the pipe.