Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
All this the peasant heard, and from it he understood at last what was the matter with his neighbour, so he began calling aloud, "Open, your worships, to Senor Baldwin and to Senor the Marquis of Mantua, who comes badly wounded, and to Senor Abindarraez, the Moor, whom the valiant Rodrigo de Narvaez, the Alcaide of Antequera, brings captive.
It was time to have done with cards, if sermons prevailed; and she was glad to find it necessary to come to a conclusion, and be able to refresh her spirits by a change of place and neighbour.
His black-haired neighbour inspected these peculiarities, having nothing better to do, and at length remarked, with that rude enjoyment of the discomforts of others which the common classes so often show:
Cunningham, the woman whom her hostess had referred to as being her particular friend, and one who shared her passion for entertaining, chatted fitfully to her neighbour, Major Thomson.
With him sat the old, bald, white-bearded master of the house in a white homespun shirt, and next him the son home from Moscow for the holiday--a man with a sturdy back and powerful shoulders and clad in a thin print shirt--then the second son, also broad-shouldered, who acted as head of the house, and then a lean red-haired peasant--the neighbour.
In the evening, therefore, he placed a ladder against the partition wall between their gardens, and, looking into that of his neighbour Van Baerle, he convinced himself that the soil of a large square bed, which had formerly been occupied by different plants, was removed, and the ground disposed in beds of loam mixed with river mud (a combination which is particularly favourable to the tulip), and the whole surrounded by a border of turf to keep the soil in its place.
said the Neighbour, "you do sometimes visit your father?
A bad neighbour is as great a plague as a good one is a great blessing; he who enjoys a good neighbour has a precious possession.
Luckily, our neighbour and his wife are both busy and charming, with a whole troop of flaxenhaired little children to keep them occupied, besides the business of their large estate.
After a full hearing, the alderman gave it as his opinion that his neighbour was under a mistake, and that I was innocent, and the goldsmith acquiesced in it too, and his wife, and so I was dismissed; but as I was going to depart, Mr.
I always say, we are quite blessed in our neighbours.
But Miss Nancy had no sooner made her curtsy than an elderly lady came forward, whose full white muslin kerchief, and mob-cap round her curls of smooth grey hair, were in daring contrast with the puffed yellow satins and top-knotted caps of her neighbours.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Neher, Edwin
- Nehru, Motilal
- Nehru, Rameshwari
- Neiburg, Mariia
- Neiburg, Mariia Fedorovna
- Neibut, Arnold
- Neibut, Arnold Iakovlevich
- Neidhart von Reuental
- Neigauz, Genrikh
- Neigauz, Genrikh Gustavovich
- Neighbor Day
- neighbor effect
- Neighborhood of a Point
- neighboring-group participation
- Neil Armstrong
- Neil Simon
- Neill, Alexander Sutherland
- Neil's parabola
- Neilson, James Beaumont
- Neilson, William Allan
- Neiman, Leonid
- Neiman, Leonid Robertovich
- Neiman, Leroy
- Neisser, Albert Ludwig
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Nejedlý, Vit
- Nejedlý, Zdenek
Full browser ?
- Neighbors Acting Together Helping All
- Neighbors Against Drug Abuse
- Neighbors against Gang Violence
- Neighbors Against Garbage
- Neighbors Allied for Good Growth
- Neighbors Allied for the Best Riverfront
- Neighbors Eager to Serve
- Neighbors Empowering Youth
- Neighbors Ensuring Sea Turtle Survival
- Neighbors for Better Neighborhoods
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Neighbors in Action
- Neighbors in Need of Services, Inc.
- Neighbors in the Strip
- Neighbors of Lower Ocean
- Neighbors of the Onondaga Nation
- Neighbors Of the Zekiah Swamp
- Neighborworks Organization
- NeighborWorks Solutions to Enhance Performance
- Neighbour (topology)
- neighbour burden
- Neighbour Of The Beast
- Neighbourhood and Street Wardens' Programme
- Neighbourhood council
- Neighbourhood council
- Neighbourhood Development Coordinator
- Neighbourhood Environment Improvement Plan
- Neighbourhood Equipped Areas for Play
- Neighbourhood Help Group
- Neighbourhood Learning in Deprived Communities
- Neighbourhood Learning in Deprived Communities Fund
- Neighbourhood Level Community Development Project
- Neighbourhood management
- Neighbourhood Management and Warden Team
- Neighbourhood Old Age Homes
- Neighbourhood Park
- Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Neighbourhood Police Centre Officer
- Neighbourhood Police Post
- Neighbourhood Policing
- Neighbourhood Policing
- Neighbourhood Question Bank
- Neighbourhood Renewal Fund
- Neighbourhood Renewal Unit