Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Because of the pivotal interaction between the HBV nucleocapsid and cccDNA, the HBV capsid is a crucial potential target.
Plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC) are the most important cells to connect innate and adaptive immune responses, and also the main source of interferon (IFN)-a. IFN-a can suppress the activity of HBV enhancers, control HBV-posttranscriptional replication,,, and inhibit HBV nucleocapsid formation in virus replication. It can also limit virus infection by modulating both innate and adaptive immunity, directly activate natural killer (NK) cells to enhance their cytotoxicity to eliminate-infected cells, promote the maturation of DCs, stimulate naive cluster of differentiation antigen 8+ (CD8+) T cells, resulting in clonal expansion and proliferation, and increase expression of chemokines that recruit NK, T and B cells to the site of infection.
It contains double-stranded deoxyribonucleic acid genome enclosed within a nucleocapsid in the polyhedral inclusion body.
The nucleocapsid (N) protein of morbilliviruses is a major viral protein both in the virion and in the infected cell (Rima 1983).
The reactivity of recombinant N protein with SBV-specific IgG in cow sera as well as the ability of the MAbs raised against recombinant SBV N protein to recognize native viral nucleocapsids confirms that yeast-expressed SBV N protein resembles native virus in regard of antigenicity and morphology.
Particles are composed of a tangle of nucleocapsids enclosed within the viral envelope, which contains surface projections 12 nm in length (Figure 1, panel C).
The envelope of the WSSV virion probably fuses with the endosome and the naked nucleocapsid is transported to the nucleus, in a similar way as in baculoviruses.
Nucleocapsid surrounded by the tegument that consists of globular material, which is frequently asymmetrically distributed and may be variable in amount.
In their examination of specimens obtained from patients with Paget's disease, Mills and Singer found on electron microscopy herringbone-like structures very similar to paramyxoviral nucleocapsids.  In a subsequent immunohistochemical analysis, Mills et al confirmed the presence of measles virus in affected tissue.
Baculoviruses occlude their nucleocapsids in polyhedral shaped OBs that may carry over 100 virions (nucleopolyhedroviruses, NPVs, genera Alphabaculovirus specific for lepidopteran, Gammabaculovirus specific for hymenopteran, and Deltabaculovirus specific for dipteran) or in granular OBs carrying only one virion (granuloviruses, GV, genus Betabaculovirus specific for lepidopteran) (Jehle et al.,2006).
The virions were surrounded by the glycoprotein spikes, and the individual nucleocapsids inside the virions were seen as thin threads (when cut longitudinally) or dark dot-like figures (when cut in cross-section) and measured [approximately equal to]8 nm in diameter (Figure 1, panels B and C).
Encyclopedia browser ?
- nuclear time scale
- nuclear timescale
- nuclear transfer
- nuclear transformation
- nuclear triode detector
- nuclear twin-probe gage
- nuclear warhead
- nuclear waste
- Nuclear Weapon
- nuclear weapons
- nuclear winter
- nuclear yield
- nuclear Zeeman effect
- nuclear-electric propulsion
- nuclear-electric rocket engine
- Nuclear-Free Zone
- Nuclear-Propulsion Plant
- nucleate boiling
- nucleated glass
- nucleic acid
- Nucleic Acids
- Nucleocytoplasmic Ratio
- nucleon number
- Nucleophilic and Electrophilic Reagents
- nucleophilic displacement
- nucleophilic reagent
- nucleophilic substitution
Full browser ?
- Núcleo de Informação Científicae de Comunicação
- Núcleo de Inteligência Artificial e Análise de Dados
- Núcleo de Pesquisa Sociedade e Educação
- Núcleo de Pos-Graduação em Administração
- Nucleo de Reserva
- Núcleo de Saúde do Trabalhador
- Núcleo de Tecnologias de Informação Na Engenharia Civil
- Núcleo de Transferência de Tecnologia
- Nucleo Empresarial da Regiao de Beja
- Núcleo Gaúcho Dos Criadores de Cavalo Árabe
- Nucleo Investigativo Antincendio Boschivo
- Núcleo Olímpico de Incentivo Ao Conhecimento
- Nucleo Operativo Centrale di Sicurezza
- Nucleo Operativo di Polizia Delle Telecomunicazioni
- Nucleo Operativo Domiciliare Oncologico
- Nucleo Operativo Ecologico
- Núcleo Português de Estudo e Protecção da Vida Selvagem
- Núcleo Temático de Turismo
- Nucleo-Magnetic Resonance Tomography
- Nucleobase Cation Symporter-1
- nucleocortical fibers
- nucleocytoplasmic ratio
- Nucleoid region
- Nucleoid region
- Nucleoid region